Sweet, neat, and easy to eat, add beautiful and delicious figs to your family’s diet for a healthy burst of flavor and variety! According to the World’s Healthiest Foods, figs provide an excellent source of nutrition and they can boost your family’s health in so many ways!
- Figs are a sumptuous source of vitamins and minerals. They contain vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and fiber.
- Eating figs can help control your blood pressure. The potassium in figs aids in the regulation of blood pressure.
- Figs can aid in weight-loss. Replacing calorie-rich foods with fiber-rich foods, which give a full and satisfying feeling without the weight-gain, is one way to lose weight. Add figs to your goji berry and plum snacks for an energizing and healthy weight-loss regimen.
- Figs are a cancer-fighting food, according to The Cancer Cure Foundation.
- Fig leaves — a cure-all? Animal studies show fig leaves to have amazing healing effects on the heart and certain cancer cells. More research is required, however.
- Fig leaves CAN help those suffering with diabetes. In one study, fig leaf extract was added to diabetic patients’ food to lower their insulin levels.
- Fig juice is naturally antibacterial.
The Fabulous Uses of Figs + Fig Recipes