7 Facts About Tuned In Parents (TiP)
1. TiP is a community, website, and blog founded in 2014 by Elle C. Mayberry.
2. Fun facts about Elle C.: She has seen Star Wars movies I – VI over 20 times, has called four countries home, and can do impressively useless stuff like recite passages of Canterbury Tales in Middle English. She has a chronic case of goofy-mom, and has swum with sharks twice . . . only once was it intentional.
3. Elle C. created TiP to connect parents, now in nearly 100 countries, through sharing knowledge, stories and humor, and to provide quality content and information on current parenting news, trends, education, child development, and health and wellness.
4. TiP is run by a dedicated team of volunteers — Elle C. (founder, writer, editor), Yari (contributor), Shan La (assistant, social media) — and tuned in parents everywhere!
5. Due to fact #4, TiP is only made possible by the generosity of parents sharing knowledge, so it can be paid forward and circulated to a larger audience: a global community of parents.
6. True story: What one parent learns and shares here could help more families than he or she had ever imagined. Two (of many) examples are Monica M.’s story, Fighting Cancer with Food, and Courtney Vaughn’s story, Parenting with Mental Illness.
7. If you believe children are remarkable in that being mini versions of us, they make us want to be better versions of ourselves, then you’re a tuned in parent, too!
Tuned In Parents’ Nominees for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD
- The Parenting Skill
- A Fine Parent
- Living Nomad Style
- Parental Journey
- Working Mom Magic
- One Ruud Mom
- Stress Free Kids – Blog
- Welcome To My World
- A Bipolar Mom And Her Daily Life
- Peaceful Parents, Confident Kids
- The Daily Dad – Blog
- Life of Motherhood and Happiness
- Multiple Mayhem Mamma
- To Hab & To Hold
- Great Parenting Show – Blog
To the nominees: If you choose to accept your nomination, please comment below. Then, let us know when your One Lovely Blog Award post is up (the rules are posted below), so that we can read and comment.
Rules for Accepting the One Lovely Blog Award
1) Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2) Add the One Lovely Blog badge to your post.
3) Share seven facts about yourself.
4) Nominate about 15 bloggers you admire by posting a comment on their blog.
We’re looking forward to engaging with you in support of your nomination!