- Goji berries are rich with vitamin C.
- They provide a healthy dose of vitamin A and iron.
- They are low in calories.
- They are full of fiber.
- Goji berries are one of the best fruits for a protein boost.
- Goji berries are a healthy addition to a sustainable weight-loss regimen — sweet, filling, packed with nutrients and low in fat.
- Eating them provides a healthy way to raise your blood sugar slowly and avoid unhealthy sugary side-effects.
- Goji berries promote male fertility according to a study published in Life Sciences, July 2006.
- They raise zeaxanthin levels in the body, which protect against vision loss, according to a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition, 2005.
- Goji berries are brimming with antioxidants. Antioxidants protect against cellular damage and degenerative diseases, including certain cancers.
Now that you know how healthy goji berries are, where can you find them? Fortunately, this superfruit is easily accessible! You can get your goji with your groceries! They look like bright red, elongated raisins and are usually sold in bulk. Alternatively, you can grow them yourself in a little patch of your yard, or in containers!
Goji berries are delicious snacks for you and the kids to eat. You can also spice up your cooking with them, toss them in your cereal, yogurt, salad, you name it!
Two to three servings of fruit is recommended a day. So, make it count, mix it up, and enjoy every bite!