Some like it hot, tall, with cream, or not. However your take your coffee, take comfort in the fact that it’s a rising rock star in the health community. Studies indicate the health benefits of coffee include a decreased risk of depression and premature death, increased brain function, and increased protection against diseases like Parkinson’s, liver disease, and type 2 diabetes. Not bad for a cup of joe.
That’s all well and wonderful, but what parents really care about is getting through the day with enough sanity left in the well to wake up and do it all over again. Let’s face it, we kinda keep the coffee industry brewing. And here are 10 reasons why . . .
- Coffee allows parents to operate heavy machinery.
- Coffee turns zombie mommies into Zumba mommies.
- Coffee gives parents something to sip when nice words don’t f—ing — sip, sip, sip . . .
- Coffee helps parents get the kids to school on time without meeting other parents by accident.
- Coffee supports hair growth by giving parents something to cradle when we want to tear it out.
- Coffee keeps parents moderately functional despite chronic sleep deprivation.
- Coffee is nature’s compensation for giving kids 12x more energy than those charged with keeping them alive.
- Coffee keeps parents’ honesty in check. Uninhibited truth well-adjusted kids does not make.
- Coffee prevents parents from throwing babies out with the bath water.
- And when parents finally get a chance to sleep, we need coffee because the Internet is not going to surf itself.
How do you like your coffee?