The Health Benefits of Plums
Did you know that presently there are over 2,000 types of plums? In addition to strengthening the immune system and being great for those who suffer from ear infections, the following are added health benefits of plums and prunes:
- good source of vitamins C, K, A, fiber, selenium, and potassium
- rich in antioxidants
- help the body absorb iron more easily
- great for weight-loss
- help normalize blood sugar
- aid in regularity
- help maintain healthy bacteria, promoting intestinal health
- protect against colon cancer
- lower cholesterol levels
- good for the heart
- promote healthy vision
- help maintain healthy, clear skin
Oh yeah, and they’re delicious. Whether you and the kids are enjoying a healthy snack, or you’re trying to shed some pounds the smart way, have some plums! They’re filling and great for you — just keep in mind the majority of their calories do come from sugar (albeit natural). Therefore, when noshing on this yummy super fruit, consider timing (bedtime sugar rush) and moderation (for weight-loss).
Eat great, feel great!